SAfAIDS Regional Media Desk
SAfAIDS media desk uses a broad range of media strategies and Knowledge for Action approaches to cover SAfAIDS different thematic areas of HIV, Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) and advocacy.
- Television and Radio Production (Positive Talk TV programme on ZTV, Radio Chikuni, Zambia and Abambo Ngati Atetezi (Men as Protectors), Malawi.
- Capacity Building of journalists and other media practitioners on SRHR, HIV and other key issues
- Coordinating and moderating electronic discussion forums (eForums)
- Documentary production
- Radio spots and adverts
- Dissemination of key information through articles and publications
- Social media (Young4Real, SAfAIDS Facebook, Positive Talk TV Facebook, SAfAIDS on Twitter, SAfAIDS on YouTube, SAfAIDS on Linked-In)
Zimbabwe Positive Talk on ZTV 1
Madhara Kwete Series aired at 9.30 pm every Saturday Night.
Under the Madhara Kwete Campaign there is a television series that aims to disseminate information on intergenerational relationships. The topics are centred on informing young people about the consequences of intergenerational relationships, risks associated with the relationships and empowering them to say NO when approached by older men and women.
“The unfortunate aspect of intergenerational relationships is that the gap is becoming wider and now we have child brides becoming a contentious issue. Even some churches are promoting such relationships and this is fuelling the HIV scourge. Thank you to TV shows as Positive talk and other organisations, awareness is greater.” Programme viewer
“I am enjoying the show to greater heights, thanks for such an educating programme.” George T M'tizwah
Follow Positive Talk:
Want to know more about the Positive Talk series or making a TV series of your own?
17 Beveridge Road
Tel: +263-4-336193/4, 307898
Positive Talk TV Series production in pictures....